Are you looking for the best professional organizer books to read in 2023? We researched the top 30 books for seasoned professionals looking to expand their knowledge or those just starting their professional organizing business.
This list of professional organizer books covers a broad range of topics, from practical decluttering and organizing strategies to business management and client relationships, providing valuable insights and guidance for professional organizers of all levels.
So if you’re ready to take your professional organizing skills to the next level, start with these must-read books!
- The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker
- Born to Organize: Everything You Need to Know About a Career As a Professional Organizer by Sara Pedersen
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
- Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui by Karen Kingston
- Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern
- ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life by Judith Kolberg and Dr. Kathleen Nadeau
- The Busy Mom’s Guide to a Happy, Organized Home by Kathy Peel
- Organizing Plain and Simple by Donna Smallin
- Organizing Paper at Home by Barbara Hemphill
- The Home Edit: A Guide to Organizing and Realizing Your House Goals by Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin
- Taming the Paper Tiger at Home by Barbara Hemphill
- Affluenza: How Overconsumption Is Killing Us – and How to Fight Back by John De Graaf, David Wann, Thomas Naylor
- The Complete Book of Home Organization by Toni Hammersly
- The Home Edit Life: The No-Guilt Guide to Owning What You Want and Organizing Everything by Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin
- Organized to Last by Porter Knight
- Organizing for the Rest of Us: 100 Realistic Strategies to Keep Any House Under Control by Dana K. White
- Cluttered Mess to Organized Success Workbook: Declutter and Organize your Home and Life with over 100 Checklists and Worksheets by Cassandra Aarssen
- Never Too Busy to Cure Clutter: Simplify Your Life One Minute at a Time by Erin Rooney Doland
- Unclutter Your Life in One Week by Erin Rooney Doland
- Real Life Organizing: Clean and Clutter-Free in 15 Minutes a Day by Cassandra Aarssen
- Mastering the Business of Organizing: A Guide to Plan, Launch, Manage, Grow, and Leverage a Profitable, Professional Organizing Business by Anne M. Blumer
- Learn to Organize A Professional Organizer’s Tell-All Guide to Home Organizing by Sara Pedersen
- How to Start a Home-based Professional Organizing Business by Dawn Noble
- Managing Client Expectations by Standolyn Robertson
- Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things by Gail Steketee
- The Secret Lives of Hoarders by Matt Paxton and Phaedra Hise
- Buried in Treasures by David F. Tolin, Randy O. Frost, and Gail Steketee
- Conquering Chronic Disorganization by Judith Kolberg
- Clutter-Hoarding Scale® by Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Don’t Toss My Memories in the Trash by Vickie Dellaquila
These 30 professional organizing books cover various topics and offer invaluable insights and guidance for professional organizers at any level. Whether you’re looking to expand your knowledge of decluttering and organizing techniques, hone your business management skills, or improve your client relationships, a book on this list will help you achieve your goals.
So take a look, choose a few titles that speak to you, and prepare to elevate your professional organizing game in 2023!
Before You Go
Reading professional organizer books is an excellent way to research and learn about the industry, but it’s only one step toward success. To fully immerse yourself in the world of professional organizing, check out our blog posts for more in-depth guidance.